The IEEE ISAF-ISIF-PFM 2021 joint Conference was held virtually from May 16th to May 21st, 2021. Over 700 people registered for the conference, more than what was expected based on previous regular in-person meetings, and ~100 people registered for the tutorials. The registered attendees contributed to 160,000+ “pageviews” in total during the week of the conference! The virtual platform will be available until June 16th so that the attendees can continue searching and watching presentations of interest and discuss with the authors using the “conversation” tab.
The conference offered more than 700 papers, including the plenaries and tutorials, by speakers from 40+ countries with pre-recorded videos through the on-demand virtual platform. This year’s conference initiated the Ferroelectric Young Investigator Program and had 60+ invited early-career speakers. These presentations were well received with many of them leading to ongoing discussions in the virtual platform. In addition to asynchronous presentations, several live events were held via ZOOM, including:
- the plenary sessions with live Q&A
- a panel discussion on the 100’th anniversary of the first ferroelectric’s publication
- a memorial session for Prof. Pim Groen
- the ferroelectrics awards ceremony
- the student contest awards ceremony
- live Q&A sessions for tutorials
- a UFFC-sponsored panel discussion on Women in Engineering (WIE)
- a panel discussion to meet with the EIC of TUFFC
- the student pitch competition and
- student networking events (Gathertown)
- as well as the closing ceremony.