The IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (T-UFFC) is pleased to be introducing reforms to our paper submission categories to better serve the members of the UFFC Society. Prospective authors are now encouraged to submit manuscripts in the following categories:
- Original Research: Regular full-length paper that reports a new scientific or technological advance.
- Spotlight: Theme-based research paper that is targeted for an upcoming T-UFFC spotlight issue.
- Methods and Concepts: Tutorial paper that pedagogically describes the technical details of important foundational concepts, lab procedures, or fabrication protocols.
- Review Papers: Full-length educational paper that curates latest findings and trends on a particular topic.
- Perspective Articles: Mini review paper (6-8 typeset pages, including references) on an emerging research topic.
We particularly wish to highlight the Methods and Concepts submission category. Its formal creation serves to underscore IEEE T-UFFC’s commitment to promoting open science through supporting meticulous documentation of the best practices on research methods and protocols that are at the core of scientific advances in ultrasonics, ferroelectrics, and frequency control. Through this new submission category, we also encourage dedicated teachers in the UFFC Society to broadly share their pedagogical excellence by writing tutorial papers on important foundational concepts in our field. These tutorial papers will serve well as up-to-date educational resources for graduate students, new researchers, and course instructors.
Besides encouraging the pedagogical documentation of methods and concepts, IEEE T-UFFC welcomes leaders and active researchers to write Review papers and Perspective articles to share their scientific insights on frontier research topics in ultrasonics, ferroelectrics, and frequency control. These articles will be excellent launchpads for researchers to learn about emerging topics and developing areas that are at the forefront of our research field.
IEEE T-UFFC currently has three active Spotlight issues calling for submissions:
- Piezoelectric Materials for Electromechanical Transducer Applications (deadline: 31 March, 2022)
- Medical Ultrasound Array Design (deadline: 30 April, 2022)
- Ultrasound Exposimetry (deadline: 31 July, 2022)
More spotlight issues will be announced in the coming months. Not the least to mention, we strongly encourage prospective authors to submit their latest research advances to the IEEE T-UFFC for publication consideration as Original Research articles. Let us work together to build on IEEE T-UFFC’s rich history and chart our next chapter.