If you would like to work with a dynamic team and help keep UFFC-S members up-to-date on recent events related to the society, would you like to volunteer as a deputy newsletter Editor-in-Chief?
The UFFC-S newsletter Editor-in-Chief regroups, edits and publishes the UFFC-S news on the society’s website. The newsletter editors for Ferroelectrics, Frequency Control and Ultrasonics as well as the Publicity chair work in close coordination with the newsletter Editor-in-Chief to search out and prepare news items for publication.
Candidates should have:
- good proof-reading and editing skills
- strong interest to communicate about every aspect of the UFFC society
- creative ideas about how to better serve the UFFC-S membership with the newsletter
- readiness to learn how to format the copy for web publication
- robust organization and archiving practices
- any member level in UFFC-S (student, regular …)
- variable – but at most a few hours per week
- attendance of Adcom meetings
To learn the ropes, deputies will work with the current newsletter Editor-in-Chief and the team.
If you are interested please send a few words describing your motivations and background in relation to this volunteer position.
Please submit this information to Zuleima Davis, UFFC-S Operations Manager, at email@example.com no later than February 15th, 2021.