Prof. Jian-yu Lu was asked to develop a Wikipedia page (PDF version, Doc version and HTML version) for IEEE UFFC-S on May 30, 2012. He has completed the document with the most up-to-date information available and posted it on the Wikipedia on July 31, 2017. The Wikipedia page should be a useful reference and resource for the UFFC-S community:A few highlights:
(1) Introduction: A brief introduction to UFFC-S.
(2) Section 1. “Brief History” describing the origins of IEEE UFFC-S.
(3) Section 2. “Member Services”: It shows the statistics of UFFC-S membership as of July 28, 2017.
(4) Section 16.3. “TUFFC”: Gives a brief introduction and history of the IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (TUFFC). In 2017, the impact factor of TUFFC increased to 2.743.
(5) Section 17.1. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IUS”: It shows the trends and a complete record of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS) from 1959-2017.
(6) Section 17.2. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE ISAF”: It shows the trends and a complete record of the IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics (IFCS) from 1968-2017.
(7) Section 17.3. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IFCS”: It shows the trends and a complete record of the IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium (IFCS) from 1947-2017.
Sections 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3 show the origins of UFFC-S’s flagship conferences and provide indicators for future evolutions and conference planning.