Your help is needed in identifying potential recipients for the three awards that are offered annually by the IEEE UFFC designed to recognize remarkable contributions in the field of ultrasonics. The description criteria for eligibility and the nomination requirements for these awards are available on the following websites:
- IEEE Ultrasonics Early Career Investigator Award (defined as 1 to 10 years of research after obtaining the highest degree (Bachelor; Master; Ph.D.))
- IEEE Carl Hellmuth Hertz Ultrasonics Award (aimed at mid-career, defined as no less than 10 years and no more than 25 years of research after obtaining the highest degree (Bachelors; Masters; Ph.D.))
- Rayleigh Award (the highest honor for achievement within the UFFC Society in the field of Ultrasonics)
Nominations are due no later than March 1, 2021. Additional information is available on the IEEE UFFC Award websites.
For the Rayleigh Award, the nominator is responsible for submitting the Rayleigh Award Nomination Package as an email attachment including the following items:
- A two-page nomination letter on how the nominee has impacted the field of ultrasonics and created new opportunities for academic inquiry and/or commercial success.
- A professional resume including a picture, list of publications, a citation report, list of patents, or other supporting documents.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation in addition to the nominator’s letter.
For the Early Career Award and Carl Hellmuth Hertz Award, the nominator is responsible for submitting no more than a two-page nomination letter and a two-page resume as an email attachment.
All nominations must be emailed to Professor Jafar Saniie (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Chair of the Ultrasonics Award Committee. Use the email Subject line “IEEE UFFC Ultrasonics Awards” and Professor Saniie will acknowledge each submission by email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within one week, please contact him.
Dr. Jafar Saniie, Filmer Endowed Chair Professor
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, Illinois 60616
Phone: 1 312 567-3412
Thanks for your support in identifying outstanding candidates for these prestigious awards.
Zhen Xu, VP of Ultrasonics
IEEE UFFC Society