First, let me thank our community for nominating their colleagues for recognition this past year. The three IFCS awards were presented at the 2020 IFCS Virtual Conference:
- Mr. Craig Nelson – W. G. Cady Awardee
- Dr. Robert Lutwak – I. I. Rabi Awardee
- Dr. Victor Plessky – C. B. Sawyer Awardee
These outstanding scientists/engineers, mentors, and leaders remind us of the rich quality of our society’s membership, and provide us all with excellent examples of achievement.
The 2021 IFCS awards nomination process is now open, and I am asking you to reflect on individuals who have inspired you in your efforts, and who exemplify the best of our society’s work.
- Please search the awardees lists for the W. G. Cady, I. I. Rabi, and C. B. Sawyer Awards at https://ieee-uffc.org/frequency-control/frequency-control-awards/, and check to ensure that the nominee has not been previously selected for the award you are considering them for.
- Keep in mind that an individual who has been selected previously for one award (e.g., the Cady award) can be nominated for a different award (e.g., the Rabi award). Remember also that you can re-nominate candidates who were not selected in prior years.
I encourage you to offer your nominations before 26 March 2021 in preparation for the upcoming 2021 IFCS-EFTF Joint Conference. The conference will be held 7-17 July 2021, and will again be a virtual conference.
For your general information, the nomination procedure and award definitions follow on the next page can be viewed at https://ieee-uffc.org/frequency-control/award-descriptions-and-nomination-procedures/. As in past years, a nomination template will be provided at https://2021.eftf-ifcs.org/ifcs-call-for-awards-and-nomination/ in order to promote uniformity in the award selection process. Please use this template for your nomination submission. Please also note that letters of recommendation may accompany the nomination template (and are suggested), but are not a prerequisite.
James Camparo, Ph.D.
El Segundo, CA 90245
2310 E. El Segundo Blvd.
The Aerospace Corporation