UFFC On Wikipedia
Prof. Jian-yu Lu was asked to develop a Wikipedia page for IEEE UFFC-S on May 30, 2012. After 5-years of work, he has completed the document with the most up-to-date information available and posted it on the Wikipedia on July 31, 2017. The Wikipedia page should be a useful reference and resource for the UFFC-S community (links to the Wikipedia page and related documents: PDF Version, MS Word Version, Source Codes, and Web).
A few highlights:
- Introduction: A brief introduction to UFFC-S.
- Section 1. “Brief History”: It shows where IEEE UFFC-S came from.
- Section 2. “Member Services”: It shows the statistics of UFFC-S membership as of July 28, 2017.
- Section 16.3. “TUFFC”: Gives a brief introduction and history of IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (TUFFC). In 2017, the impact factor of TUFFC increased to 2.743.
- Section 17.1. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IUS”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS) from 1959-2017.
- Section 17.2. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE ISAF”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics (IFCS) from 1968-2017.
- Section 17.3. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IFCS”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium (IFCS) from 1947-2017.
Sections 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3 show the origins of UFFC-S’s flagship conferences and provide indicators for future evolutions and conference planning.