UFFC On Wikipedia
Prof. Jian-yu Lu was asked to develop a Wikipedia page for IEEE UFFC-S on May 30, 2012. After 5-years of work, he has completed the document with the most up-to-date information available and posted it on the Wikipedia on July 31, 2017. The Wikipedia page should be a useful reference and resource for the UFFC-S community:
A few highlights:
(1) Introduction: A brief introduction to UFFC-S.
(2) Section 1. “Brief History”: It shows where IEEE UFFC-S came from.
(3) Section 2. “Member Services”: It shows the statistics of UFFC-S membership as of July 28, 2017.
(4) Section 16.3. “TUFFC”: Gives a brief introduction and history of IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (TUFFC). In 2017, the impact factor of TUFFC increased to 2.743.
(5) Section 17.1. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IUS”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS) from 1959-2017.
(6) Section 17.2. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE ISAF”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics (IFCS) from 1968-2017.
(7) Section 17.3. “A Brief Introduction to IEEE IFCS”: It shows the trend and a complete record of the IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium (IFCS) from 1947-2017.
Sections 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3 show the origins of UFFC-S’s flagship conferences and provide indicators for future evolutions and conference planning.
The original document of the Wikipedia in PDF version can be accessed at http://ewh.ieee.org/conf/ius_2008/z_doc_misc/05_uffcs_on_wikipedia.pdf